Note: If you haven’t participated in an Open Forum before, take a minute to read over this introduction to them here.
The issue on the table – should there be public bathrooms on the city square that are open on nights and weekends?
Questions to Consider
- Why are public bathrooms on the square something our community needs?
- If it’s funded through taxpayer dollars, what’s the estimated initial cost as well as any recurring maintenance expenses?
- Could a current public building be adapted for this use?
- Could the cost be shared between the city and county governments?
- What other options are there that haven’t been considered yet?
Before You Share Your Thoughts
This online open forum gives our community a place for a thoughtful, open, and civilized debate. To live up to that, there are a few guidelines in place:
- Use your real name – Anonymous comments are removed.
- Add Value – A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted. All SPAM comments will be deleted because they do not add value to the site.
- No Personal Attacks / Offensive Remarks Permitted – In the interest of civil discourse, no personal attacks or offensive remarks are permitted in our comments. Comments containing obscenities, threats, hate speech, material that’s ethnically or racially offensive, abusive remarks, and spam will be removed.
- You can find the full Comment Policy here.
In short, show kindness, respect, and civility to everyone that you talk to in this conversation. Don’t automatically assume their viewpoint or intentions. Community discourse requires thoughtful, open, and civilized debate. That happens best when we’re human to each other.
The biggest advantage of text-based communication like comments is the chance to stop and think about what you’re saying before you say it. Make your best argument for this issue. Take time and speak persuasively, not abrasively.
Once you’ve thought over what you want to say, join the conversation in the comments below!