This month’s Board of Mayor and Aldermen meeting saw updates around Camp Blount, the library, and city schools along with votes around several new initiatives like a new recreation center and improvements to downtown.
The March BMA meeting agenda can be found here . You’ll find the FPU livestream of the meeting below.
Highlights and Votes
After hearing reports from the Camp Blount Historic Site Association, the FLC Library, Fayetteville City Schools, and standing committees, the aldermen cast votes for these items:
- Fayetteville High School Art Students Recognition for painting the Welcome to Fayetteville signs
- RFQ (Request for Quotation) Process for Recreation Feasibility Study – unanimous vote to approve
- Concession Stand Management and Staffing – unanimous vote to approve
- Trade 2016 1-ton Diesel for 2018 1-ton Gas Truck – unanimous vote to approve
- Agreement Extension for Recycle Center – unanimous vote to approve
- Consideration of Land Purchase – 406 Hedgemont Ave – 5-1 vote to approve with Alderman Martinez voting no.
- Resolution R-19-05 – PILOT Request – Project Green Eagle – unanimous vote to approve
- Resolution R-19-06 – Police Vehicles – 5-1 vote to approve with Alderman Hartman voting no. This item had some discussion so make sure to hear Alderman Hartman’s comments in the livestream below.
- FCS Budget Amendment #3 – General Fund FY19 – unanimous vote to approve
- Recommendation for Outside Legal counsel relating to downtown planning and codes – unanimous vote to approve
- RFQ Process on Branding Initiative – unanimous vote to approve
- RFQ Downtown Master Plan – unanimous vote to approve
As always, take some time and watch the meeting. It’s best to hear from the aldermen and other city officials directly.
Mark your calendars for next month’s meeting on Tuesday April 9th at 5pm.
Want to share your thoughts? Check out our comment policy and leave a comment below!