February’s meeting saw commissioners approved moving forward with an estimated $2.2 million new highway department building. The first step is allocate $217,465 from the highway departments $5,039,764 fund balance to pay for engineering and architectural plans for the new building.
The February Commission meeting agenda can be found here. You’ll find the FPU livestream of the meeting below.
Here’s the votes cast:
- Approved $217,465 from the highway department’s fund balance to pay for engineering and architectural plans for the new building.
- Voted against a proposal that would urge the Tennessee legislature to support the clerk and master’s office changing to an elected position.
- Approved a $4,000 request from Keep Fayetteville-Lincoln County Beautiful to close out that non-profit.
- Approved a public hearing to rezone property on the Pulaski Highway. That public hearing is set for March 19th at 5pm.
- Deferred to the upcoming budget committee hearings a $1/hour raise for all employees in the sheriff’s department.
As always, I recommend taking the time to watch through the meeting below. You’ll hear from all the parties involved in those votes.
Mark your calendars for next month’s meeting on Tuesday March 19th at 6pm.